Connecticut - a small state in the northeast of the United States, in the New England region. Capital- Hartford. The name of the state comes from the expression in the Algonquin language, which translates to “on a long river prone to tides”. Even tho our state isn’t big, there are interesting places for a traveler. Here I am going to compile all places, that we’ve been in and liked. I also want to say, that New England is very pretty in the spring.
1. Campbell Falls State Park, Norfolk - a place, where you can take a walk ( there are some paths through the forest, of varying complexity), go for a walk and sit by the waterfall (I love waterfalls). Also, there is an opportunity to drive to the waterfall and you can even go down a bit.
2. Essex Steam Train, Essex - there is an opportunity to have an unusual dinner with your beloved in a wagon restaurant. One negative- from the window, there was nothing to special to see, but the atmosphere was nice.
3. Litchfield Park - this is a wonderful place, where in the spring you can take a walk in a field of narcissus.
4. Huckleberry Hill Park, Avon - not a bad place for walking around, this is a beginning to trails.
5. Kent Falls - cascade of waterfalls, there are also trails you can walk in, there is also a park where you can arrange a picnic.
6. Bulls Bridge, Kent - depending on the season the river is filled with water completely or not.
7. Heublein Tower, Simsbury - interesting place to explore, but its very up high!
8. Mystic Aquarium - small and interesting aquarium.
9. Yale University, New Haven - a big student campus with historic buildings and a very nice old cemetery.
10. Wickham Park, Manchester - very large park with different beautiful corners.
11. Harkness State Park, Waterford - park, ocean coast and beautiful buildings.
12. Saville Dam Reservoir, Barkhamsted - pretty reservoir and a park for walks.
13. Lake Compounce, Bristol - amusement park in which you can escape with your children for a long time.
14. Beardsley Zoo, Bridgeport - I didn’t really like it, since it is a very small area and the animals are in small cages. But we don’t have many options.
15. Colebrook River Lake, Riverton - a good place to walk around the river.
16. Connecticut State Capitol, Hartford - well how do you not visit the capitol :)
17. Blackladge Falls, Glastonbury - walked very long in the woods, but never found the waterfall :)
18. The Nepaug Dam, Canton - also a place to go, and enjoy fresh air.
19. We also have Antique Car Shows
20. And, Hot air balloon festivals in Plainville
21. Commerford Zoo, Goshen - a very cool place for kids. There are no exotic animals, but it is a large territory, and you can feed the animals, and you can drive through the whole area by car. Also, there is a very interesting exhibition of scarecrows.
22. Gillette Castle State Park, East Haddam - very interesting park and castle. It was the house of an actor who played Sherlock Holmes.